Sunday, May 9, 2010

I Love You Forever, I'll Like You For Always

My Mom is the Best Mom EVER. I know you're reading this thinking, 'Your only saying that cause she's your mom, and really MY mom is the Best Mom EVER.' Well let me set the record straight, I'm sure your mom is great but she can't be the Best Mom EVER, because that title belongs to my Mom.
As I've mentioned before, I really must have fantastic Karma, because I am blessed with the best parent/child relationship of anyone I know. No joke, I get along swimmingly with my parents. My mother is my numero uno. I call her everyday, sometimes twice. I tell her EVERYTHING, even the gory details of life I'm sure she wishes I wouldn't. She is my ultimate confidant, advice giver, cheerleader, moral compass, and life coach.
This past week I had my first real bout of homesickness. Reason being, I was actually sick and my Mom couldn't take care of me from New York. My mother is a nurse, and I am spoiled because of it. Whenever I am sick she takes care of me. If the house isn't stocked she goes and gets me the necessities, Coke/ginger ale (also known as cure all), ritz crackers and chicken noodle soup, grilled cheese and tomato soup (my ultimate comfort food), trashy magazines, and rentals from the video store. Even when I was faking it ( which when I was in grade school was 97% of the time) she still took care of me, because she knew it was what I needed. Now I'm a growny-yup and I have to fend for myself, which basically meant I went got all those things for myself and then whined about how much I wanted my Mommy. Lucky for me I will be getting her, a week from today in fact! Let me tell you, I am counting the minutes. I cannot wait to have a little Mom (and Dad! You rock too!) love in my life.

I love you Mom. You are absolutely, without a doubt, my favorite person on the planet. I couldn't live without your love and support to guide me. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

Love,
Larry

1 comment:

  1. You're gonna make me cry! And yes your mom is awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete