Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Home Sweet Home

So I'm finally moved in and settled at my new apartment. I had an idea in mind of what I wanted. Someplace fairly close to school and work, with people similar in age to myself, and preferably female. I posted a Craig's List ad, and proceeded to get approx. 15 responses an hour. AN HOUR! That is a lot of crazies to weed through, and some of them were certifiable. A 40 year old man I could live with for free in exchange for cooking, cleaning, and... MASSAGE. An elderly women whose children were all grown, and was looking for someone to mother? I have a mother, thank you very much. I think not. So I weeded the candidates down to a select few, and began an e-mail dialogue. Finally I chose 2 to meet with. The first a 25 year- old guy, with another young female room-mate who owned a home in the suburbs of San Jose. Nice house, cool people, BUT I couldn't move in till the middle of March. I had a lot of fun staying at Greg's house with him, Chris, and Danny. However I could only live out of boxes, and sleep on a pull out for so long, and another 3 weeks was too long. The second meeting was with a 27 year old lawyer who had a condo, 5 minutes from work, 10 minutes from school. We meet VERY briefly, nice place, big closets, my own bathroom, I was sold. 4 days later I moved in. For the first couple days, we were ships passing in the night. I started to think, maybe, I had made the wrong choice. You see one big thing I was looking for in a room-mate was someone who knew the area, and could help me get acquainted. As well as a potential friend, since I left all mine back on the east coast. Then last Saturday, she invites me out to meet her friends. We had a blast. They are all cool, down to earth people, who are super excited to introduce me to all San Jose has to offer. What a relief.

My lovely Ikea dresser, only took my 2+ hours to build. As well as my window seat, which I'm using as a bookshelf, because the view of downtown San Jose leaves a lot to be desired.


Where I sleep.

I'm using my closet to display all the correspondance I've been recieving...From Kelyn.

Don't all write me at once now!

So now i'm learning 'the way to San Jose.' or as Christopher likes to call it San Jos-B.

2 comments:

  1. Haha, I love the post cards from me! :) Your room looks fantastic, and congrats on making new friends!!!

    ReplyDelete