Friday, March 26, 2010

Connected

It has always been important to me to stay connected with the people in my life. Firstly because I'm a talker, and secondly if I know every intimate detail of their lives, it helps me not to miss them so much, because I feel involved in it. It has become all that much more important (and more difficult) since I moved. Between everyone's jobs and schooling, in addition to the time difference, it is a challenge to say the least. So I've become a huge proponent of mail. Not much is more exciting to me then mail (except for the GIGANTIC DVD collection I discovered at the library today!) So I've been nagging my east coast peoples to write to me. I sent a whole bunch of letters, and the ones I receive get taped to my correspondence wall. Cheap, easy decorating. So today when I opened my mailbox I saw I had a letter from June, my absolute closest friend and mother of my most beloved godson, Yay! Then I saw the key to the package locker, opened it up and I had not one but two packages, double YayYay! The first an Easter basket from my mom, plus some stuff I'd left behind. Love it. The second a package from Deborah, my sister-in-law's sister. She's a librarian (in case you haven't noticed, I love books, and libraries) we hit it off right away when we met as bridesmaids, and have kept in touch ever since sending literary recommendations back and forth. She sent me a couple of books to break up the monotony of reading about wine that is about to begin. Thank you to them, as well as Kelyn my most devoted pen pal! To the rest of you, note here, write me letters, and I'll write you back sending my eternal gratitude your way. Today was a great day.

3 comments:

  1. I don't want to ruin any surprises but... keep checking your mailbox!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry I'm a horrible penpal. I looove youuuuu

    ReplyDelete
  3. In an age where social networking has become so digital, it's cool to have more than one alternative to keep in touch with friends and the ones you love. That's one of the reasons I made my blog

    ReplyDelete