Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I've got style, as unilateral as it may be

So if I (or anyone who has ever met me) had to define my style in one word, it would be, NAUTICAL.


This is a necklace my father gave me for Christmas 2 years ago, I forgot when I moved. My mother sent it to me a week and 1/2 ago and I've worn it everyday since.


These (as well as 3 similar prints) decorate the walls of my bathroom.

Well worn graphic tees from J Crew. For Christmas, my Mother gave me some non-nautical graphic tees from J Crew. I wear them, but these 2 still are still high in the rotation.

The other night I went to Anthropologie (My favorite store) to window shop (torture myself), and I had to hold myself back from buying all of this:

In addition to surrounding myself with sea style. I've also been waffling back and forth with having it permanently inked on my body. My parents are firmly anti, and although I want it now, I have no way of knowing what I would think of it in the future. The argument that having a visible tattoo would hurt my career, is fairly debunk in the restaurant industry this way. Plus one of my closest friend's gave in and did it recently, and it looks AWESOME. Which has popped me back into the pro column. I would like an anchor on my wrist, which is apparently exactly what Kate Moss has?I want it tiny like that, but on the inside of my wrist.
Designed more like this:I'm sure in a week I'll find a reason to be back in the con column.

So do you think my obsession is problematic?
Anyway, I love it!

7 comments:

  1. I love Anthropologie too. Anything from there is good in my book - well almost anything - and those are great! Love the dress, get it ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the dress! I could totally see you wearing that. Very sassy! As for the tattoo, go for it! I'm gonna cave soon and get mine :)

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I approve of the nautical stylings, as you can imagine. I have a couple of those J. Crew t-shirts too - a navy blue one with writing and a gold anchor (maybe even exactly the one you have in white) and a turquoise one with sort of a bleached-out anchor on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. as your official stalker, i love the nautical business. and i was THIS CLOSE to buying that dress last weekend, until i remembered that i have a 50% discount now at BCBG! muahahaha. and the tattoo? personally i'll never get one unless i can think of something really sweet, but if you're all about the anchor, i say take a deep breath and take the plunge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Umm, you know I love your nautical-ness. However, those octopus curtains freak me out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Tierney and me over here says GO FOR IT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nautical is totally cool. I've always lived on the ocean or within a few miles of it, so many of the towns I've lived in (especially Hingham, MA, where I lived in high school) are very old-world New England and very nautical.

    I'm not a HUGE fan of tattoos, but I think small ones can look nice and tasteful.

    "Plus one of my closest friend's gave in and did it recently, and it looks AWESOME." - which one of you is it? =P

    ReplyDelete